The current version of the Windows Movie Maker provided in the Microsoft Essential (Suite) 2012 offers a wider range of supported file formats compared to it's previous versions meant for Windows Vista or XP. Still, an exclamation mark appears when you try to open the FLV file in Windows Movie Maker. FLV usually comes from a video-sharing website like YouTube, Vimeo or from OBS (Open Broadcaster Software), etc. The reason that Windows Movie Maker can't read FLV is easy: FLV is not supported by Windows Movie Maker. Maybe you have been wondering how possible it is to have FLV files imported into Windows Movie Maker. Fortunately, there is one easy solution here.
Among the first things you must accomplish is downloading the videos in question then convert to a format that is fully compatible with Windows Movie Maker. In this case, FLV will be the suitable choice. You will always come across a tutorial to help you convert FLV to WMV by using iFastime Video Converter Ultimate (Mac). This is a program good for both new and experienced video editors so you should not be naive at all. The procedures applied are not very much different from what other software programs offer. It also can convert other videos like FLV, MKV, H.265, MXF, MTS, VOB etc to Windows Movie Maker supported formats for your smooth editing. (read review)
Now free download the best FLV to Windows Movie Maker converter and learn how to convert FLV to Windows Movie Maker friendly fomats with iFastime Video Converter Ultimate:
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/iFastime-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-76449859.html
- Top 4 Download: http://www.top4download.com/ifastime-video-converter-ultimate/chjkfujg.html
- Softonic Download: http://ifastime-video-converter-ultimate.en.softonic.com/
Step 1: Add FLV footage to FLV converter for WMM. You can directly drag and drop video files to this software. If you want to merge multiple clips just need to check the "Merge into one file" box.
Step 2: Choose Windows Movie Maker editing format.
Select HD Video --> WMV HD(*.wmv) on the dropdown menu as output format. Besides, you can also choose Divx HD(*.avi) as output if you have not installed the .wmv codec.
1. You can adjust video and audio parameters, including the Bitrate of Video and Audio, the Codec of Video and Audio, Video Size, Sample Rate, Frame Rate, Audio Channels, etc., in the Profile Settings.
2. Moreover, the program has some simple edit functions like cropping, trimming, inserting subtiles, adding effects etc.
Step 3: Hit the "Start conversion" button at the bottom right corner to carry out the FLV to Windows Movie Maker conversion process. It supports batch conversion. When the conversion ends, you can run the Windows Movie Maker and import the resulted wmv files in Windows Movie Maker easily.
Have more questions about how to convert .flv to a format Windows Movie Maker can recognise, please feel free to contact us>> or leave a message at Facebook.
- Enable 1080p or 720p MKV to play on DVD Player
- Watch MP4, MKV, AVI, WMV, AVCHD on Toshiba TV
- Stream WMV to Apple TV 4/3/2/1 for playing
- Top 10 Best Sites To Watch Cartoons/Anime Online For Free
- Can I watch 3D movies on Android smartphones?
- How to Add Subtitles to A YouTube Video for Better Enjoyment?